Beyond the Powers || An Axis Powers Hetalia RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Beyond the Powers || An Axis Powers Hetalia RP

An Axis Powers Hetalia Historical and Alternate Universe Role Play

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

United States: Spanish American War

Go down 
AuthorMessage

United States: Spanish American War Empty
PostSubject: United States: Spanish American War   United States: Spanish American War EmptyThu Jul 01, 2010 9:37 am

So... we can't really do anything without Cuba or Puerto Rico to incite some of the propaganda or protesting, so we're going to have to probably rp really specific events until that happens (if it ever happens). However, it looks as though your side mostly consists of USA troops, so we might be able to circumvent the Cuban forces and do the whole war. I was thinking we would start.. a year before the actual event and work our way through. The war takes place all over the world, but I don't think we need to involve the other countries.. since all of it was under my control anyway.

Here is the initial source that I used and I say you can start your research here:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/USS_Maine_%28ACR-1%29

Some others have suggested that I rp as a certain pig influenza that strikes the US soldiers around the time, but that's..... something we can consider as a last resort.

Let me know and we can start planning!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: United States: Spanish American War   United States: Spanish American War EmptyThu Jul 01, 2010 9:12 pm

Looks interesting~ I think we should start the year before and work our way through and you can probably just mod the actions of Cuba and Puerto Rico.

Also I love that quote "Remember the Maine, to Hell with Spain!".
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: United States: Spanish American War   United States: Spanish American War EmptyFri Jul 02, 2010 9:46 am

That sounds good to me, it looks like then we could provide a little background on what is going on too. Anyway, I read and it looks like either of us could start, though I might be able to provide a viewpoint of what's going on before all the propaganda started in the US. Though I would talk about it in my first post anyway, so it's up to you how you wanna do it. I think that the war is pretty straight forward, so I think we're pretty much good to go.

..... and yes, I was very amused by that too. xD We can make it our official thread quote and put it in the beginning of the first post -likes stuff like that- and put in time stamps so we know where we are in the timeline!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: United States: Spanish American War   United States: Spanish American War EmptySat Jul 03, 2010 1:16 am

Yup yup! Uuuuh if you wouldn't mind, would you be able to start it for me? I'm still kinda getting the hang of how this forum works and I don't wanna mess it up.

Yes! Sounds legendary!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: United States: Spanish American War   United States: Spanish American War EmptySat Jul 03, 2010 1:59 am

Sure, I can do that. Give me a few days to get a post up. I have a pretty busy weekend so I might not be able to get to it until the beginning of the week.

Don't worry about messing up, I'm sure that you will do just fine. Smile

(Oh.. Neil Patrick Harris. "It'll be legen- wait for it... -dary.)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: United States: Spanish American War   United States: Spanish American War EmptySat Jul 03, 2010 2:47 am

Don't worry! I'm having a busy weekend too~ But I'll try to squish some research at least!
And thanks~ I'll do my best!! (Haha How I met your Mother was on, I couldn't resist |D;; )
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: United States: Spanish American War   United States: Spanish American War EmptySun Jul 04, 2010 4:23 pm

Ah, I managed to find time to put a post together. It's mostly just the set up, some of what Spain's thinking the year before the attack. It's a bit on the long side, but don't feel like you need to write as much... I tend to write a lot.

Let me know if you have any questions.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: United States: Spanish American War   United States: Spanish American War Empty

Back to top Go down

United States: Spanish American War
Page 1 of 1