Beyond the Powers || An Axis Powers Hetalia RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Beyond the Powers || An Axis Powers Hetalia RP

An Axis Powers Hetalia Historical and Alternate Universe Role Play

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

France, Italy (both), Switzerland: Italian Wars

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage

France, Italy (both), Switzerland: Italian Wars Empty
PostSubject: France, Italy (both), Switzerland: Italian Wars   France, Italy (both), Switzerland: Italian Wars EmptyFri Jun 18, 2010 10:47 am

I seem to like to pick wars that I lose, so I figured that I should break that streak. Just kidding. I figured that since we have France, both Italies and Spain now, it would be fun to enact the Italian Wars, which take place between 1494–1559.

I was personally leaning towards the Italian War of 1499–1504 because it would just be us, though I think that Italian War of 1494–1498 would have been really interesting (the one that Machiavelli wrote about in The Prince). However, that one has the Holy Roman Empire, which I heard will be coming soon (just needs to finish his timeline). So I'll probably grab him when he shows up.

I started my initial reading at these sites:
- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Italian_Wars
- http://library.thinkquest.org/C005356/e-italian.htm

Or we can start with the first one and do all of them! (lasso'd and kick'd!)

Anyway, I did some initial research and found a list of battles. These are probably the larger battles, but I had a hard time finding an extra list, so perhaps we can focus on these first and string it together. Seeing that this takes place over a long period of time and there's a lot of them, we could probably do a few battles in each war, since it goes over a very long period of time. Let me know what you guys think.

Thanks!

Last edited by Antonio F. Carriedo/Spain on Fri Jun 18, 2010 7:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Vash Zwingli/Switzerland
L'héritage des Templiers vrai
Vash Zwingli/Switzerland

PostSubject: Re: France, Italy (both), Switzerland: Italian Wars   France, Italy (both), Switzerland: Italian Wars EmptyFri Jun 18, 2010 12:48 pm

Well, I'm at your service for any of the ones that I was in, which is a few of them(especially as a mercenary).

A concern about the Italian War of 1499–1504 is that Vene is both the Republic of Venice and the Duchy of Milan, who are on different sides, but as long Veneciano knows what to do in that scenario, it's all good. (Some of the others may put him or South Italy into that same position, kind of just the reality of their characters I suppose.)

Anyway, that's really just that has to be figured out.

We may also want to ask a capable someone to temporarily play the Vatican (Basically they'd just be standing in for 'em during this thread, they don't need to app for it and it doesn't count as one of their characters), just to flesh out thread.

But I'm up for this~ It's well before Swiss neutrality, so it will be interesting for me.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: France, Italy (both), Switzerland: Italian Wars   France, Italy (both), Switzerland: Italian Wars EmptyFri Jun 18, 2010 1:11 pm

You brought up a few good points. It seemed to me that this whole war was very messy in general, but I thought that it would be pretty interesting. I'm probably a masochist But we can do it!

About the Italies, I think that it would work. I think it could be fixed with them playing both sides if need be since they are still Italy (though it could potentially mean more work). (Was hoping to leave it to them to figure it out! xD;) I saw a lot of the scenarios where it's mostly Naples being involved, so I think that Romano may be all right, though he should keep an eye out for it.

Eh. I forgot about the Vatican. (>_<) I have no idea who to ask, do you guys have any recommendations? If it turns out we don't have a person, whoever is allied with the Vatican, usually me or Italy could flush it out (I have no problems with that -- I have some familiarity with my history of the Church).
Back to top Go down
Veneciano Vargas/Italy
Italia, il paese dell'amore
Veneciano Vargas/Italy

PostSubject: Re: France, Italy (both), Switzerland: Italian Wars   France, Italy (both), Switzerland: Italian Wars EmptyFri Jun 18, 2010 3:54 pm

[Super love on Antonio for this]

SI! You can definitely count me in! As for the problem with the Duchy of Milan and the Republic of Venice....well, I think I have an idea for that. >:3 (I just have to remember to write it down, hahaha. )

However, I will have to do some research before we start but I'd be up for starting anytimeeee~ And as for the Vatican, I don't mind representing them for the sake of the thread.

BUTTTTT you can definitely count me in, hands down, no questions asked! Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: France, Italy (both), Switzerland: Italian Wars   France, Italy (both), Switzerland: Italian Wars EmptyFri Jun 18, 2010 4:30 pm

[loves back!]

Fantastic! I'm glad that we figured out how to work that out. If it's not to much work for you, then feel free to take on the Vatican as well. Otherwise, let me know and I'm sure we can work something out.

I'll say count on us starting on the Second War and moving forward (until we get an HRE). We can always go back and revisit that one (I think). However, I'll have to see if England and the Turkey (Ottoman) would be up for the later wars. I end up controlling the Holy Roman Empire for Italian War of 1521–1526, War of the League of Cognac, Italian War of 1536–1538 and Italian War of 1542–1546 so I don't think that is too much of a logistical issue.

The more I am thinking about this, since this seems to have a lot of wars, I might ask to see if making a subsection (makes us seem cooler!). [Edit: We are getting our own subsection.]

Once Francis and Romano give the okay, we can start talking about how to start this!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: France, Italy (both), Switzerland: Italian Wars   France, Italy (both), Switzerland: Italian Wars EmptySat Jun 19, 2010 3:41 am

You can count me in as well!
(as i also wrote in my reply to your pm)

I'll need to do a little research but it will be fine~
I'm up to as soon as everything's planned out and France also gave his ok for it :3

And it also sounds good to me to start with the second war. We can always do the first one later if we get an HRE~
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: France, Italy (both), Switzerland: Italian Wars   France, Italy (both), Switzerland: Italian Wars EmptySat Jun 19, 2010 8:24 am

<3 Awesome! I'll give France a poke or something to see what he says.

I think that we all will need to do research and help each other out, it looks like it's going to be a tough research, but I think that we can always help each other. Interestingly enough, I do have some information on some warfare strategies during the Renaissance, I just have to find it in my basement.

Sweet, that sounds good to me too. Very Happy We're very close to being on our way!

[Edit: I talked to Francis on the chat and he said to count him in. Hopefully though we'll hear from him on this thread. In this case, how do you guys want to start this? I was thinking that it would probably work best if Francis or Ita-chan started this off based on how far before the event you want to start, since it starts off with France's invasion and leads to an alliance with Venice.]

Last edited by Antonio F. Carriedo/Spain on Sat Jun 19, 2010 3:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: France, Italy (both), Switzerland: Italian Wars   France, Italy (both), Switzerland: Italian Wars EmptySat Jun 19, 2010 3:31 pm

I'm all for~ And personally I don't really mind who starts, so Ita~ you decide ^^
Back to top Go down
Ivan Braginski/Russia
Лидера
Лидера
Ivan Braginski/Russia

PostSubject: Re: France, Italy (both), Switzerland: Italian Wars   France, Italy (both), Switzerland: Italian Wars EmptyMon Jun 21, 2010 12:54 am

Here is the sub-section specifically for the Italian Wars

https://ultravires-aph.rpg-board.net/italian-wars-1494-1559-f13/
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: France, Italy (both), Switzerland: Italian Wars   France, Italy (both), Switzerland: Italian Wars EmptyMon Jun 21, 2010 7:37 am

Thanks, Ivan for doing that for us!

And thanks for letting us know, Francis. Awesome, we'll see what Vene wants to do.
Back to top Go down
Ivan Braginski/Russia
Лидера
Лидера
Ivan Braginski/Russia

PostSubject: Re: France, Italy (both), Switzerland: Italian Wars   France, Italy (both), Switzerland: Italian Wars EmptyMon Jun 21, 2010 9:18 am

Welcome. Need anything else, just let me know. ;P
Back to top Go down
Veneciano Vargas/Italy
Veneciano Vargas/Italy

PostSubject: Re: France, Italy (both), Switzerland: Italian Wars   France, Italy (both), Switzerland: Italian Wars EmptyThu Jun 24, 2010 8:35 am

I was looking up some stuff on the second war and from what I noticed was that France was the first one to initiate anything. Sooooo, if you don't mind France...could you start? :3

Grazie Ivan!~
Back to top Go down
Vash Zwingli/Switzerland
Vash Zwingli/Switzerland

PostSubject: Re: France, Italy (both), Switzerland: Italian Wars   France, Italy (both), Switzerland: Italian Wars EmptyThu Jun 24, 2010 12:08 pm

On that note, since my part in that war is just being his mercenary, that would most likely make me the second post, right?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: France, Italy (both), Switzerland: Italian Wars   France, Italy (both), Switzerland: Italian Wars EmptyThu Jun 24, 2010 2:17 pm

Ah, I went and looked at the entire order and I agree with Vene. Vash, I'm thinking that since you were allied with both of them and are working for Milan at the beginning of this, narration wise, it might work better that way for you to go after Vene (though I have no idea how you want to differentiate it - I'll let you figure that out)? I think that the posting order for the Italian War of 1499–1504 could look something like this:

1. Francis (France)
2. Veneciano (Milan, Venice, Vatican)
3. Vash (Swiss mercenaries)
4. Antonio (Spain, includes Sicily)
5. Romano (Naples)

This does not have to be the set order because Romano and I don't seem to get involved until 1500. However, if you feel like there's a better way, please let me know. In the later wars, Turkey, England and Holy Roman Empire (for a couple of the wars) will be involved and so I'll look at that and figure out the posting order.

Edit: Ah! And also, please date your entries if you can so that the rest of us know where we are at in the timeline. :D -thinks it is really cool to do so-

Thank you everyone for replying promptly! It should be a blast!

PS. Romano, nice new picture. I think it matches your ranking well. :D -loves the hat-
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: France, Italy (both), Switzerland: Italian Wars   France, Italy (both), Switzerland: Italian Wars EmptyFri Jun 25, 2010 3:00 am

Well i think it will take them a few more posts before we can join in don't you think?
Alot happened between France and Italy before Spain and the Kingdom of Naples were included. So i think we should give them time to play some of it out~

The hat is cute isn't it? +loves the little tomato on it+
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: France, Italy (both), Switzerland: Italian Wars   France, Italy (both), Switzerland: Italian Wars EmptyFri Jun 25, 2010 8:17 am

Exactly, Romano! I would not join until the signing of the Treaty of Granada in 1500 and I guess you would not until we come seize you in 1501. xD; (I can see why you really, really distrust Spain now.) So, Francis, Ita-chan and Vash would be doing a lot of posting before we jump in, but what I listed up above would be the posting order once we are all involved. So we'll just jump in when the timeline is appropriate.

Yes, I just think your whole uniform looks cute it does. <3 -steals the hat to try it on than hugs Romano- : D
Back to top Go down
Vash Zwingli/Switzerland
Vash Zwingli/Switzerland

PostSubject: Re: France, Italy (both), Switzerland: Italian Wars   France, Italy (both), Switzerland: Italian Wars EmptyFri Jun 25, 2010 2:45 pm

Okay, just to highlight my own part in this so there is no confusion about if I'm fighting on both sides.

"As none of the other Italian states would help the ruler who had invited the French into Italy 4 years earlier, Louis was successful in driving out Ludovico from Milan. Ludovico managed to escape the French armies and, in 1499, sought help from Maximilian and meanwhile the French had entered Milan.

Ludovico returned with an army of mercenaries and reentered Milan in February 1500. Two months later, Louis XII laid siege to the city of Novara, where Ludovico was based. The armies of both sides included Swiss mercenaries. The Swiss did not want to fight each other and chose to leave Novara."

So yes, there was an agreement going between Switzerland and France, but Switzerland didn't fight the Italians. They helped repel the French and then left when they saw they were fighting each other.

However, in the wrap up, I'll be involved in this

"The Swiss later executed a soldier from Uri, called Hans Turmann, who had, they claimed, betrayed Ludovico for money. The Swiss later restored the duchy of Milan to Ludovico's son, Maximilian Sforza. His other son, Francesco II, also held the Duchy of Milan for a short period."

So I figure I leave halfway through and then come back at the end, or something.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: France, Italy (both), Switzerland: Italian Wars   France, Italy (both), Switzerland: Italian Wars Empty

Back to top Go down

France, Italy (both), Switzerland: Italian Wars
Page 1 of 1